22 July 2010

Twelfth Night

My thoughtful friend, Medieval Muse, sent me some wonderful screen caps from "Twelfth Night," knowing that I would be entranced by the Stunner Style within.  I most certainly am, and I am equally pleased to share them with you, with her permission.   I'm going to post these over a couple of days.  First up is the lovely and very Pre-Raphaelite Helena Bonham Carter in blue.  Can I just say, I LOVE this dress.

The color, the beautiful detailing on the yoke with its touch of lavender, the Medieval belt.  It is bliss!  I'm not sure how I missed this film, but it is great to have something "new" to look forward to.

5 comments:

  1. She is a stunner for sure and that dress really suits her. I missed it to and like you look foward to it. I last saw it many years ago out of doors with bats swooping and owls calling - cold but rather magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed the imagery - I immediately thought of you when I saw this dress. I have dibs on the Gothic mansion though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermes, that sounds lovely, and well worth braving the cold.

    L. it is a deal, as long as I can visit :-) I'll bring the port!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dress is indeed stunning! And now I have another movie to add to my "must-see" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited to watch this, too, Jno :-)

    ReplyDelete